Sunday, December 21, 2014

"The Ten Christmas Songs of Steve Pulaski:" Song #4: Swing Cats - "Rock Santa Rock"

"The Ten Christmas Songs of Steve Pulaski"
http://cleorecs.com/store/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/1157-2-SwingCat-christmas.jpg
Song #4: Swing Cats - "Rock Santa Rock" (2001)
Swing Cats Presents A Rock-a-Billy Christmas
"I'm comin' home for Christmas, so let's go, man, go!"

I was almost going to let "Rock Santa Rock" by the Swing Cats go uncredited, as I did not discover who sung the song until fairly recently. I first heard the song in the 2001 film I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus, during a montage of when young Dustin (Cole and Dylan Sprouse) is attempting to rig traps for Santa Claus on Christmas Eve. The song instantly resonated with me, as it wasn't a conventional Christmas tune and had an uptempo sound to it. The Swing Cats conduct the song in a manner reminiscent of classic fifties and sixties tunes, despite being a fairly recent song, and serves as one of the most fun Christmas songs I know. 

Give "Rock Santa Rock" a listen,  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHTINBGO5Zk

No comments:

Post a Comment