Thursday, August 14, 2014

Song #26: Creedence Clearwater Revival - "Proud Mary"

Song #26: Creedence Clearwater Revival - "Proud Mary" (1969)
Bayou County
"Rollin' on a river!"

Creedence Clearwater Revival's "Proud Mary" was one of the songs that helped me relax enough to drive when I was learning the basics back in the summer of 2012. I've been trying to work up enough meat and time to devote to a medium-length blog post about my experiences with driving for over a year now, and will try to release something of a coherent, acceptable blog post by the end of 2014. "Proud Mary" was just smooth enough to relax my nerves and paced just quickly enough for me to sink into on a level that didn't seem so somber and meditative.

"Proud Mary" is a fairly simple song, existing as a joyous and beautifully-sung, sixties rock song that carries a wonderful aura to its presence. It makes for a relaxing ballad, but can surprisingly add to a raucous little party or something along those lines. Ever since I heard "Proud Mary" at work, amidst a stressful day of work, I was convinced that nothing bad could ever happen with CCR scoring a certain point in my day.

Give "Proud Mary" a listen, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hid10EgMXE

No comments:

Post a Comment